Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Daniel gjør ting han ikke kan - Part I

Yes, hello!

So, headline in norwegian this time. The reason for that my dear reader(s) is that my english isn't flawless, and I think it's more describable in my native tongue. Nonetheless, my agenda is to inform you about things I normally tend to perform at an outstanding-not-so-good-level or things I try for the first time. To protect my ego, let's say this was the first time I tried it.

The subject of today was cooking but as a student, I really don't cook much.. Or let's just say - I don't cook much. Period.

But today I thought I'd try something new. So I did. I made a mushroom soup. Generally I don't consider soup dinner, but that's what I wanted to do today. It was - believe it or not - quite good! I got the idea from a TV-show called "Halv åtta hos mig"or something.. I only watched that episode, so I'm not sure what it's all about. Anyway this woman made a soup which she called "Fulgod soppa"which can be translated to something like ugly-ass-looking-but-tasteful-soup.


The recipe is as follows:

4 scallions
A number of champignons (you can use other mushrooms as well.. this was what I had)
4 cloves garlic
Some Chevre cheese (?(goatcheese?))
Some milk
Some cream
A buillon cube
Some pepper

Fry the scallions, the cloves and the champignons in margarine and cooking oil, while simultaneously boiling water and doing that magic stuff with the buillon cube. The you add milk and cream and cheese. Throw the fried stuff (except the garlic.. That's just for flavour, no need to throw then in the mix) into the milk-and-cheese-and-cream-and-buillon-casserole, let it cook for a few minutes and there you go!


End of part I from Dani-hells-kitchen (ha ha, watch me play with words, watch me, watch me)!


Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment